History of Our School
Hallway at St. Ursula Catholic School, Chatham
St. Ursula School is one of three Catholic Schools serving students on the south side of Chatham. St. Ursula School, along with George P. Vanier School serves the Parish community of St. Ursula Church.
The School was originally built in 1950 and has undergone two major additions. In 1996 four new classrooms were added to the school along with a new staff room, teacher's workroom and administrative offices for the secretary, principal and vice-principal.
Our school serves a large area of Chatham's Catholic population, north Harwich and Raleigh Townships (Zone 7) as well as the south west part of the City of Chatham (Zone 8). We are diversified in cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. We are very proud of the families that are enrolled in our School in choosing Catholic Education to educate their children.
St. Ursula School benefits from a healthy partnership with our School Council. This Council actively supports our school in all our initiatives, through both volunteering in various activities for the students and financial donations for these activities. They are a vital component of our school family and are dedicated to providing meaningful experiences for our students.
Our School is Named after St. Ursula
Saint Ursula and her Companions
When Ursula was a little girl, she loved children very much. She therefore became a teacher. Mothers and fathers sent their boys and girls to her. She taught them how to be good. She t